Friday, February 11, 2011

feeling slightly better for the first time in 4 weeks!



I woke up feeling pretty crappy - but not AS horrible as I have been the past four weeks. My sister, brother-in-law and nephews came over and spent some time. I colored with my godson and just had a good time. They seriously melt my heart. Andrew will be three next month and Matt is 18 months. I was actually off of oxygen for a good two-three hours and took my pulse ox and it was 97 on room air! I could barely believe my eyes.
My sister was just saying yesterday that I am usually the type of person who doesn't gradually get better but that I sometimes just wake up one day and am a completely different person. If that's the case, I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
My video blog up there is just a brief little statement of how I feel and how much I am loving blogging. My family, boyfriend and friends have been amazing. My parents, sisters and boyfriend in particular have been in and out of the hospital with me, they have sat with me and just listened to me cry and vent all of my frustrations. A few of my friends have stopped by and spent time with me now that I'm home and much more accessible than Manhattan. Last but not least, I have learned and been inspired by all of the CF'ers whose blogs I'm following. CF is definitely a scary disease. Even scarier since they stress cross-contamination and pretty much alienate you from bonding with the only other people who are going through the exact same thing. The internet has changed that. It's amazing to see everyone be so brutally honest and divulge some pretty serious, deep stuff but at the same time it's refreshing because sometime's I read something and I have that moment where I say "Oh my god, this person knows to a T what I am going through". That in and of itself is an amazing gift. I've also realized how damn STRONG we CF'ers are!

2 comments:

Brianne Houston said...

That is so great to hear you are starting to feel better, and going a few hours without your oxygen!! How exciting :D

You know I couldn't agree with you more about the internet and CF community. Sometimes there are times that I feel stupid for feeling how I do but then I read something by someone else and realize, wow it's not just me who feels that way. It's great having people there for you that have been there to.

OceanDesert said...

So glad you're feeling better, Katy!!! Glad you're blogging too! :)