Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A little pre-Christmas excitement!

My two week post hospital check-up went PRETTY well. Turns out there was some fluid building up around my left lung, that went from a small amount to a more moderate amount. Being so new post-op, my fabulous doctor wanted to be aggressive and make sure everything was okay - so I was admitted yesterday. They placed a chest tube, took lots of blood and cultures and did a bronchoscopy this afternoon. Everything looks like it is resolving on its own and I should be able to go home in another day or two once they have definitite results from all of the tests they performed and are sure nothing else crazy is going on. Let's face it, sometimes I don't always follow the "norm", so being extra careful I guess is a GOOD thing!

What's kind of cool is that my really amazing friend Kristy is here in the hospital as well, recovering from her double lung transplant which she received on December 9th! I took a stroll down the hall to see her a little while ago and she looks absolutely amazing!! Our mom's just went to grab a bite to eat outside of the hospital walls. They are really cute! Kristy and I also went to the same Pulmonary Rehab program pre-transplant, so we should be able to go back to the same program once we are both out of here and ready to start! Afterwards instead of going home exhausted, we might actually want to go out and do MORE fun activities!!

That's it for now. I am BORED in here, so you might actually get another update before I leave.

I am getting really excited for Christmas! I can't wait to see the kid's faces when they open all of their presents. I was able to get pretty much all of my shopping done online before I got re-admitted. All I have to do when I get home is wrap, which I actually love to do. I'll get all settled in my room, put some christmas music on, grab some hot chocolate and get to work!

1 comment:

csweet said...

I am so happy for you! My son has CF and is also 27. He was put on the tranplant list on November 18th and they found a match on November 19th. It is such a wonderful miracle for both of you. I wish you love and happiness this Christmas season!