Thursday, August 18, 2011

3 months ...

No ... I am not three months pregnant! Today marks the third month of being listed. I know that 3 months is typically early to receive a call, but of course deep down I was hoping I'd be on of the lucky ones! Unfortunately, it seems that there has been a lack of suitable donors. My friend had her appointment at the TRX center and they said they have been getting calls, just nothing worth while.

I feel like this waiting game has me on a roller coaster of emotions. One day I'm pretty optimistic and can't wait for the surgery and other days I guess I'm the exact opposite, wondering what will happen if the perfect pair of lungs doesn't come for me in time? I'm pretty sure these are all natural feelings, but nonetheless they are kind of stressful to deal with! I mean we are literally talking about life or death matters.

I just started a book tonight called "Joy for Beginners", it's a story about a woman who has a new lease on life after beating cancer. Her and her friends start coming up with ideas that have always frightened them and are going to try to succumb to those fears. I'm hoping it will be an uplifting book because I just finished "A Stolen Life" by Jaycee Dugard and that was pretty heavy, although equally amazing at the same time that she could share her ordeal with such truth and honesty.

No comments: