Friday, January 28, 2011

Prednisone - how I loathe you ...

I have literally been on prednisone for the past two and a half years AT LEAST now .. CONTINUOUSLY. I honestly don't even feel that it makes much of a difference in the tightness in my chest anymore. I had gotten myself down to 2mg every day, another week and a half and I would have been prednisone free and then BAM - in the ICU, getting solumedrol boluses through my IV. Prednisone makes me insane. I hate the way I feel like I am a completely different person. I don't sleep well, I am always shaking my hands and legs. When I sleep at night I get the WORST night sweats and wake up completely SOAKED through to my sheets. It is so unpleasant. I have been on a million different medications all with different annoying side effects but Prednisone by far is the thing I HATE the most.

No comments: