Friday, October 22, 2010

I have been feeling really good lately. I still get random bursts where I am really short of breath but overall I feel like I am living a normal life again! Work is great! It's been very busy in the NICU lately and I really feel like I am starting to get the hang of things. I am learning new things day by day and enjoying each and every moment. I love that I am able to help not only the babies but also their anxious and worried parents. Being a nurse is everything I have always imagined and I am so happy that I did not give up on my goals! I am actually looking into starting school again to get my Masters degree! I already sent the application in - now I just have to send all of my transcripts in (since I took summer classes at a bunch of different schools over the years). I get tuition reimbursement with my job and the program I am looking into is actually not expensive at all because its a city school! I would actually end up almost getting my masters for free! I am applying to specialize in parent-child nursing. My ultimate goal is to remain working in the NICU and start teaching at a nursing school or university on a part-time basis! Ever since I started nursing school I always envisioned myself teaching a nursing class or even clinicals in the future!

No comments: