Wednesday, January 16, 2008

First post for my first blog ...


For starters my name is Katy. I am 23 years old from Queens (Whitestone), NY. I am the youngest of five girls in my family and the only one who was born with Cystic Fibrosis (CF). CF is a huge part of my life, however it does not define who I am. If you saw me walking on the street, you probably wouldn't even suspect that I had a progressive, chronic lung disease. Living with CF has made me challenge myself in many ways and I constantly feel that I am growing intellectually and emotionally through my experiences. I recently viewed a few blogs of other CF patients and people affected by CF through being in relationships with someone that had CF and they inspired me to keep a little log, or in this case blog of my life.

No comments: